Sunday, September 19, 2010

Untitled

So I guess I'm going to be limited to weekly posting with my busy schedule, but I've kept it up for three weeks in a row! Let's see how long I can last!

So I was supposed to be reading Hector and the Search for Happiness, which I sort of am... Last week I got an order from Doubleday Book Club or Quality Paperbacks club or something and it was filled with books that I really want to read! So I temporarily got distracted by 'Dead By Day' a book composing the 4th and 5th books in the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. I absolutely loved the 4th book which is normally called Dead to the World.

Photo Credit : Amazon

What I really liked about this book was the focus was primarily on Eric for a change instead of Bill. The plot line was also very thrilling and I literally could not put it down! I really don't want to give away too much in case you have read the series (in which case you should) or if you aren't at the 4th book yet. I can honestly say, though, it is my favorite book in the series so far!

Now redirecting the attention to Hector. I am reading that full time now, because I really want to read it! haha. So far it's succeeded in being very interesting and providing interesting insights on what it means to be happy. Something a teenage girl questions often. Probably all teenagers. Probably every living human being. So I really like the point of view of this character.
The only thing I could see lots of people not liking is that the sentences are not very complex...you could almost describe it as plain, but it really isn't plain, because it's still descriptive, original, and interesting, so maybe simple? It is this way because it was originally French and it has been translated. I'm very glad it was too, but I probably still would have tried to get through it in French. I'm a bit of a francophile. Which is part of the reason I chose the book in the first place, besides the adorable cover.
You aren't supposed to judge a book by it's cover, how about it's language?

So hopefully next week I'll have this book finished and will be able to tell you more about and hopefully praise it a lot more!

And just as a preview, here are some books that I hope to read after this and review for you:

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Matched by Allie Condie (come out Nov. 30) <-- I actually will probably do this next, or definitely before it comes out.
Wicked Company by Ciji Ware
Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett (I think I'm the last person on Earth to read this)

And I should stop there otherwise I'll think of twenty books that I want to read.
Which reminds me!
If you want to keep up with what books I'm reading, read, and will read... add me on shelfari.com! If you haven't joined, join! It's a great reading community!
Here's the link to my profile:
http://www.shelfari.com/timelessradiance

Since this post has been a lot of text, I'll add a cute little animation :D

Till next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment