Sunday, September 5, 2010

It's been awhile!

Summer is winding down :( and I haven't posted a lot because last week I worked 902834029384 hours and now we have some family friends here!

But I did manage to finish a book in two days so I'll blog about that!
I finished It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han. 
Photo Credit : Borders
It was a good book, much better than the first in my opinion. The problem I had with the first was it kept on leading up to something, and then it never happened! And then the ending just ended... I had no idea there was going to be a second book so I was just upset haha. 
I liked this book because you actually got to know more about the characters and they did more dramatic actions which I think makes a book easier to read (sometimes).

I did have some problems with it though (I'm so nit-picky.)
It did switch between Belly & Jeremiah a lot and I was always confused when I started reading it because I forgot to see who's point of view it was from and it wasn't consistent. 
Then the first half-3/4 of the book was just talking about what happened between the first book and this one, there could have been a whole other book on just that because a lot happened!! (I won't tell you what because it's a huge spoiler). 
And I think there is going to be a 3rd book which is good, because the epilogue to this one was cute and nice but really vague and left me with a lot of questions.
I did like the book though.
The series so far is an entertaining summer read. 
P.S. I just really want to go to a place like Cousins' Beach. :P

Now I'm reading the second book in the Blue Bloods series! :O

No comments:

Post a Comment