Tuesday, August 31, 2010

new posttt

It's been a few days!
I said I would get back, and I didn't. :(
I have been working SO MUCH, but I work in a bookstore so that makes up for it right? ;)
Anyways, I didn't start either of those books (& magazine). I started (on Mon.) an advanced reader's copy of Party Girl by Sabrina James and it doesn't come out until Jan. 11, 2011 I believe?

Photo Credit : me (:

So anyways I started it Mon. & finished it Mon. haha, it was an easy read. It was that light fun chick lit filled with the drama of highschool and I just couldn't put it down. Sometimes between really deep books or after a HUGE book (*cough* Wideacre) you need a fun little light read to take your mind to a different place.
My only really "con" about this book was that it wasn't deep. I mean I didn't expect it to be really deep and intuitive, but I didn't feel that there was a lot of character development or complex sentences haha... I don't want to be mean, but it seemed too simple. And that's kind of what I wanted to read, but it was just really simple.
To compare it to Lisi Harrison's The Clique, she provides a lot of detail and you really get to know the characters even though it's a light fun read. Maybe Party Girl was just lacking a lot of detail pertaining to the characters and setting and maybe that's the author's style which is perfectly fine!
It was a breath of fresh air which is what I was looking for.

And today I got another advanced reader's copy thanks to a publisher representative and it's called Matched by Ally Condie.

Photo Credit : Amazon

So this looks interesting! I don't know if I'll start it just yet or keep it and read it later... It comes out Nov. 30, 2010 so I'll probably read it before then.
I also think some of books came in from the library so I may preoccupy myself with those...

Well I am going to take a well-deserved (I think) break from work and homework (even though I should really finish it) and play Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility.
It's a fun game.
Don't judge. (:

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment