Friday, August 27, 2010

Review: Wideacre


Finished Wideacre last night, all 678 pages!
I really don't have a strong opinion about the book, as in whether I really liked it or not, it was a little of both.
I think what made me so uncomfortable about the book (besides numerous scenes) was that since it was so long, I knew the characters too well and they were just, not real, but too realistic for me. It was like a black hole sucking me in.
That is probably the weirdest description you'll ever read, but after the first few hundred pages the events hit you personally, because it's like you're right there with all the characters.
Which should be a good thing though right?
But some events I'd rather not witness so I skipped over them.
If you read the book, you know what I mean.
But I'll probably read the second and third in a few months when I've had some separation from Wideacre.
I do think it was a good story, drawn out in some parts (I basically skimmed the last 5 chapters to find out what happend :P )
But I've heard Philippa has better work and I'm interested to read other things she's done for a change.

But now, I haven't decided on what to read next.
I ordered a few books from the library and I just got Juliet by Anne Fortier, it's supposed to be a girl's Davinci Code, so we'll see. Although I never read the Davinci Code (sad confession) but I saw the movie (doubly sad confession).

Image Credit : Bookfinds Blog

So maybe I'll begin this book!
I also had the pleasure of recieving something else in the mail (Wideacre persuades me to talk in formal English)... *drumroll*

Image credit : Vogue

That's right all you booklovers (of which I am a part), I also love fashion! (:

I haven't decided what to read yet, but I'll let you know!
I'll probably read some of both. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment