Sunday, January 1, 2012

Review: Bunheads



          Happy New Year to everyone! Here is my first post of 2012, and it's my new year's resolution to read more and post more often!



          For Christmas I received the book Bunheads by Sophie Flack (I saw it advertised in a magazine). I finished the book in a day. It was so interesting that I instantly fell in love with it. My mom's even reading it right now and when she's done I'm going to let my friends read it (then I'll probably read it again!).

           Bunheads is about 19-year-old Hannah Ward who is a corps member of the Manhattan Ballet. This book gives a huge insight to the world of ballet. I have always respected dance, but I never fully realized how much these dancers commit themselves to their profession. It's very incredible.
           Filled with the right amount of friendship, dedication, work, and love, Bunheads is a light read with a deeper meaning. Author Sophie Flack has a beautiful writing style. As a performer myself, I often find it hard to put into words the emotions one has during performing. Sophie Flack describes those emotions perfectly. Even though I do theatre, I could really relate to the drive of these dancers. Also, if you don't know anything about ballet, don't worry! The author fully explains almost everything so by the end of the book you'll feel like a mini-expert on the world of ballet.

I highly recommend this book and I'm extremely excited to see what Sophie will write next! 



5-Book Rating System

I give Bunheads:
5 out of 5 books!



          Author Sophie Flack also sells her own artwork available for purchase on her website: Here!
          You can also follow her on twitter: Here!




What books did you get for the holidays?
Comment on this post and maybe I'll read them as well!


Till next time! :)





Book cover from Danza Ballet
Book animated images from photobucket.com

No comments:

Post a Comment